Allegro Coffee– Seeking Baristas!
Come join us in our new Flagship Allegro Coffee Roasters Café at the upcoming
Gilman Whole Foods Market in Beautiful Berkeley, California!
This isn’t grocery store coffee anymore.
Do you find yourself haunting local shops and cafes for that perfect shot of espresso or fresh pour-over?
Ever spend your free time taking a cupping course or learning about advanced espresso techniques?
Have you found yourself in a heated Reddit discussion over the merits of washed versus naturals?
Do you practice latte art while working the bar?
Sick of wheatgrass?
If you answered yes to any of the above then you’ve got a home at the new flagship Allegro Coffee Roasters café and roasting works!! Based in the upcoming WFM Gilman store, the ACR venue will feature plenty of things for coffee lovers and aspiring competition baristas to geek out on – a shiny new Strada, Mazzer grinders, a mod bar setup, and cold brew on tap. We’ll also be entering the local roasting scene with our ACR brand, and team members will definitely get some exposure to the roasting and production side of coffee as well. If you’ve ever dreamed of working for a local coffee roaster now’s your chance!
Don’t consider yourself a hardcore coffeephile? Enjoy working the bar and engaging with customers, but can’t pour a heart to save your life? No worries! Our goal is to have the highest trained group of badass baristas, and if you’ve got great customer service skills and are fastidious about drink quality and standards then this job is for you too! Those who have their basic skills down and are looking to take it to the next level will be able to do so at ACR!!
Summary of Position:
Responsible for sharing Allegro’s incredible coffee and other products with customers through day to day operation of Allegro Coffee Bar within Whole Foods Market. Works with other team members to create a welcoming environment serving as a gathering place that consistently delivers the highest quality coffee, tea, juices and other beverages with unparalleled customer service. Includes daily brewing, espresso machine operation, juice and other bar drink preparation, cash register operation, retail store upkeep, and sales of Allegro coffee.
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities as communicated by the Allegro Café Team Leader and Specialist.
2. Provides excellent customer service, creating an environment where the customer comes first.
3. Brewed and espresso coffee drink preparation, tea, juice and smoothie drink preparation.
4. Maintains high level of product quality by adhering to all Allegro recipes and drink quality standards.
5. Keeps work area clean at all times, ensuring a sanitary and orderly work environment for drink preparation.
6. Daily sales, cash register operation and end of day cash count.
7. Maintains extensive knowledge of Allegro products and suggestively sells when appropriate.
1. Have a passion and knowledge for coffee/tea and related products and equipment.
2. Exceptional customer service skills.
3. Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work independently or in teams.
4. High standards of excellence and the ability to work to high quality and customer service standards.
5. Outgoing and engaging personality with the ability to create excitement around our products.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Prior café experience preferred but not required.
8. Ability to perform physical requirements of position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Number of Openings: 10.00
Benefits Category: 1
Close Date: 09/19/2014
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores.
To learn more, apply your passion today.
Questions can be directed to : email@example.com