Ken and I are getting ready for Coffee Fest Seattle, which is Friday through Sunday—we’re stoked! This is always such a fun show, and has come to feel like the kick-off to the coffee/barista competition year. Barista Magazine will be hangin’ at booth #900 on the show floor all weekend, joined by some awesome helpers who would love to talk coffee with anyone who stops by. We’ll have freebies and show specials, too, so get on over and see us!
But what I’m writing about right now is the social stuff, yo! There are going to be some KILLER parties and gatherings every night from tomorrow through Saturday. We can hardly wait!
So you can plan your social calendar accordingly, we’re here to list the many fun things going on this weekend, all of which are FREE FREE FREE! Hooray for FREE!
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3
Third Annual TNTNW, hosted by Neptune Coffee8415 Greenwood Ave. North
Doors open at 7 p.m.; Pours start at 7:30 p.m.
• Special thanks to sponsors Neptune, Espresso Parts, Yama Glass, Baratza, Craft Coffee, and yours truly, Barista Magazine
• Food from Morsel; Beer courtesy of Neptune and Barista Magazine
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4
Official Coffee Fest Reception, hosted by Victrola Coffee Roasters
310 East Pike Street
• Minute-to-Win-it Barista Competition
• Dancing, food, 2 full bars
Tony’s Coffee 1-Year-in-Seattle Anniversary Party, a special collaboration between Tony’s and Fremont Brewing Co.
7001 Third Ave. NW
Doors at 6 p.m., music by Annie Ford & Her Fantastic Klezmer Band at 7 p.m.
• Damn fine beer!
• String shredding tunes!
Nightcap @Liberty Bar, hosted and sponsored by Espresso Parts and Yama Glass
517 15th Ave. East
9 p.m. til close
• Special thanks to Whitewood Cider Company and Tieton Cider Works
• Northwest craft ciders, cocktails, and complimentary hors d’oeuvre
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5
Barista Jam Party, hosted by Visions Espresso and Caffe Ladro
2737 First Ave. South
6 p.m. (competition sign-up begins at 6; competition begins at 7)
• Food and beer!
• Amazing prizes for the latte art throwdown!