We sure love publishing a print magazine every other month for you to languish over and keep in your coffee educational library. We’ve been doing it for eight years, after all, and we can’t imagine doing anything else—there’s so much going on in coffee all the time!
And that’s why in addition to printing an award-winning magazine, we also love blogging! Barista Magazine’s blog, Pasteboard, was established way back in 2007, mainly as a way to report breaking news on the United States Barista Championship as well as the World Barista Championship. But there’s just so much happening in coffee all the time, that Pasteboard has grown much, much bigger!
In fact, we’re publishing so much on our blog that we decided to introduce BMag Back Atcha! where you can catch up on all the news we published in the last week in case you missed something. We hope you like it!
• Our crazy amazing SCAA and U.S. Barista Championship coverage! Wow, we sure blogged a lot in Boston—my fingers are tired! Here’s a list of all the articles we published here on Pasteboard, with a link directly to the story:
—Barista Nation’s Pop-Up Cafe in Boston
—Ultimate Boston Cafe Crawl
—Guide to the U.S. Cup Tasters Championship
—The Very First Article About Barista Competitions
—Guide: What to do Thursday at the SCAA Show
—Interviews: The U.S. To Enter the World Latte Art Championship Field
—Guide: What to do Friday at the SCAA Show
—Review: Thursday at SCAA in Photos
—All About the AeroPress Championship
—Amazing VST Giveaway at Barista Magazine’s booth at the SCAA Show
—Review: Friday at the SCAA in Photos
—Guide: What to do Saturday at the SCAA Show
—Review: Saturday at the SCAA in Photos
—USBC Finalist Summation and Photos: Charles Babinski
—USBC Finalist Summation and Photos: Pete Licata
—USBC Finalist Summation and Photos: Trevor Corlett
—USBC Finalist Summation and Photos: Charlie Habegger
—USBC Finalist Summation and Photos: Sam Lewontin
—USBC Finalist Summation and Photos: Nick Purvis
—Finals ranking for the USBC
—Review: Sunday at the SCAA in Photos
• All About James Hoffmann’s Appearance in Portland with Nuova Simonelli: The Aurelia T3 World Tour continued with 2007 WBC Champ James offering his take on how well the machine works.
• This week’s Humpday Giveaway Contest! Stumptown Coffee offered up not one by two bags of some of their roasters’ favorite coffees.
• Winner of Humpday Giveaway Announced! Congratulations to Meg Smith of Washington, D.C.!
• Beautiful videos by Dalla Corte featuring some of the industry’s most respected coffee professionals. All videos are about five minutes, and offer a behind-the-scenes look into the lives of such pros as Fabrizio Sención Ramírez and Troels Overdal Poulsen.
• The details on Cafe Imports’ just announced new training center in Minneapolis! Barista competition supporter and seeker of the world’s best coffees, Cafe Imports now welcomes coffee pros to a beautiful training center to explore coffee sourcing, roasting, grading, crafting, and more.
• The Australian International Coffee Awards! There’s still time to enter this contest to win over a panel of esteemed judges who will evaluate and rank coffees at the Melbourne International Coffee Expo next month!
And that’s it for this week! Can’t wait to get going reporting all the coffee news from next week! See you back here tomorrow!